The JUVÉDERM® family of fillers is one of the most popular and commonly used injectable dermal fillers available on the market today. They alleviate facial volume loss in a number of areas using a Hyaluronic Acid base. Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring collagen inducing compound within the body that often becomes depleted with age and poor skin care habits.
If you are suffering from issues with wrinkles, fine lines, and facial volume loss no matter what part of the face, then JUVÉDERM® fillers might be for you.
Facial Volume Loss
As we age, our face begins to lose its once youthful shape and contours. Collagen and elastin are compounds that give our skin its smooth, supple appearance, while maintaining its ability to stretch and tighten on its own. Due to aging, sun exposure, lifestyle habits the face begins to lose volume and wrinkles form.
The most popular and most requested dermal fillers are quite often part of the Juvéderm family of fillers. They come in various formulations, all meant for specific corrective needs. Each filler is injected at various depths and at various points of the face to smooth out fine lines and deep wrinkles.
Benefits of JUVÉDERM®
- Longer lasting: Sessions of JUVÉDERM® can last upwards of 18 months whereas traditional facial fillers need reapplication after only 4-6 months.
- Pain-Free: Some of the least painful injectables available, and the XC formulations come premixed with lidocaine, making your treatments much more comfortable.
- Hyaluronic Acid base treats depressions in the face with a naturally occurring, collagen-boosting compound. No artificial filler.
- Designed specifically to treat the lines around the mouth, known as parenthesis lines, nasolabial folds, lips, forehead, and most other areas of the face.
- No downtime! Resume daily activities minutes after the procedure.
- Fast procedure. Only takes about 10 minutes to complete an entire series of injections.
- Restores softer, smoother, younger-looking skin.
- Perfect for men or women of any age.
- Results appear natural, and don’t leave patients “expression-less”.
JUVÉDERM® Ultra XC
How It Works
JUVÉDERM® Ultra XC is one of the most powerful in the Juvéderm family of fillers. Its relatively thick texture makes it perfect for correction of the most severe fine lines and wrinkles. JUVÉDERM® ULTRA XC is mainly used to correct:
- Deep nasolabial folds: lines that extend from your nose to the corners of your mouth.
- Marionette lines: lines that extend from the corners of your mouth down to the jawline; getting its name from mouth lines on a marionette doll
- Depressions along the cheeks.
JUVÉDERM® Ultra XC contains hyaluronic acid gel, a naturally occurring sugar found in the skin to fill depressions, and act as a cushioning agent. It works by absorbing water and nutrients to the skin. When injected into the skin JUVÉDERM® XC acts as a sponge-like gel, expanding to fill in folds and wrinkles and combat facial volume loss. The XC formulation also contains lidocaine to ease any discomfort associated with the shot.
JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA® XC
How It Works
JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA® XC is one of the newer dermal fillers from the Juvéderm family of fillers. Using a hyaluronic acid base, Volbella is used mainly as a filler to plump up lips and in fill in lines around the mouth. It works best at providing you with smooth, fuller lips with a well-defined and contoured outline. It also works great for minor lines around the mouth area, and the nasolabial folds. It’s a favorite amongst patients with “smoker’s lines”, however it is best for those who are only in need of minor wrinkle correction. Some patients feel a slight discomfort when using Volbella for the lips, as the tissue is very sensitive. The XC formulation also contains lidocaine to ease any discomfort associated with the shot.
JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC
How It Works
JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC as part of the Juvéderm family of fillers uses a hyaluronic acid base. It can be used to treat wrinkles in and around the mouth area however it works best and is traditionally meant to add volume to the mid-face/cheek region. Many patients have also found success using it to treat wrinkles along the temples as well. Adding volume to the mid-face/cheek area can provide patients with a very pleasing overall facial aesthetic. Contouring the cheeks, helps to bring out the overall shape of the face, making it far more angular and less rectangular. Injections performed at the mid-face can often fill the skin envelope, softening the nasolabial folds, without the need of additional injections.
For more information or to schedule your consult for JUVÉDERM®, contact us today.
Before & After