Laser Hair Removal in Manhattan, NYC
LASER HAIR REMOVAL
Unwanted body hair can damper your confidence, irritate your skin, and even cost you money. Regular shaving, waxing, tweezing, and depilatories often involve using high quantities of disposable products on a regular basis. But what if there was a real solution to unwanted body hair? Manhattan Skin and Laser Med Spa in NYC have the answer. We offer the best laser hair removal in Midtown, Manhattan, NYC, a popular treatment that offers reliable results. We offer men’s full-body laser hair removal as well as for women, and focused treatments that permanently remove hair from its most unwanted growth regions: the bikini line, face, underarms, and legs.
Regular hair reduction techniques such as shaving, waxing, tweezing and depilatories are time-consuming and have limited results. Until recently, the only real method for hair reduction was electrolysis, which can be slow and painful. Over the last few decades lasers have proven to be effective in providing fast and long-lasting hair reduction. And we at Manhattan Skin and Laser Med Spa in Midtown region of Manhattan and other places in NYC do it precisely.
Laser hair removal in Manhattan, NYC is used to permanently reduce unwanted hair growth and can be used on most areas of the body, including:
- Chin and upper neck
- Upper lip
- Bikini area
- Tops of feet
- Upper / lower arms, under arms and hands
- Back, chest and stomach
- Nose, ears and eyebrows
Manhattan Skin and Laser Center in NYC offers state-of-the-art hair reduction technology, even for darker skin types. Specific wavelengths of laser light or intense pulsed light are used to destroy men’s and women’s hair roots. It is faster than electrolysis and has fewer complications than other methods. Some hair reduction occurs after the very first treatment, but maximum hair loss may not be seen for several weeks and after several treatments. Most patients will require multiple treatments for optimal results. The patients easiest to treat have light skin and dark hair. Patients with dark skin and lighter, sparser hair may require more treatments. The average number of treatments can vary anywhere from four to six treatments, sometimes more. The treatments are usually scheduled every 4 to 6 weeks for best results.
At Manhattan Skin and Laser Center in NYC, we recommend a thorough consultation with our experienced laser hair removal technician in Midtown region to determine your specific laser hair removal treatment plan.
LASER HAIR REMOVAL INSTRUCTIONS
Laser hair removal success is highly dependent upon proper compliance to the below pre- and posttreatment instructions:
BEFORE YOUR TREATMENT:
- Avoid sun exposure: Avoid sun exposure to the areas being treated for 7-10 days. If you have a sunburn or a tan, your appointment may need to be rescheduled.
- Only shave or clip hair: Only shave or clip the hair within two weeks prior to the treatment as the laser reacts with the melanin in the hair follicle, and waxing, tweezing, or using depilatory and/or bleaching creams can prevent the treatment from properly working.
- Keep area clean and dry: Arrive to your appointment with the area clean and dry. Don’t wear any lotions, creams, makeup, or deodorant on the area to be treated, as this too could reduce the effectiveness.
- Avoid vitamin A creams: Avoid creams or lotions containing vitamin A for one week before your treatment.
AFTER YOUR TREATMENT:
- Avoid saunas and hot showers: Avoid saunas and hot showers the day of and day after your treatment.
- Shower and bathe as usual: You may expect some redness and, rarely, blistering. Shower and bathe as usual.
- Avoid sun exposure: Continue to avoid the sun for another 7-10 days.
- Only shave or clip hair: Only shave or clip the hair for the next 4-6 weeks.
- Avoid vitamin A creams: Avoid creams or lotions containing vitamin A for one week after your treatment.
Call Manhattan Skin and Laser Med Spa today to schedule your consultation and to learn more about men’s and women’s laser facial hair removal cost in Midtown region in NYC..
635 Madison Avenue, Ste. 1302 New York, NY 10022
Sunday & Monday: Closed
Tuesday - Friday: 10am – 8pm
Saturday: 10am – 6pm