Microdermabrasion is the concept of abrading the skin, or removing the upper layers for skin rejuvenation, dates as back as far as 1500 B.C when Egyptian physicians used a type of sandpaper to smooth scars. Since the development of microdermabrasion machines in 1985, it continues to be one of the top five most requested non-invasive cosmetic procedures in the U.S. Over time, the skin has a tendency to dull. Microdermabrasion resurfaces the top layers of the skin removing dull and dark areas and tiny bumps.
This smoothens the surface and makes it more uniform to appearance. In addition to smoothing the skin, the service addresses a variety of skin conditions and signs of aging, and it helps improve acne, calluses, fine lines, hyper pigmentation, scars, stretch marks, and wrinkles. Manhattan Skin and Laser Center is one of the most trusted permanent makeup studios in New York, committed to offering incredible permanent makeup solutions.
One major benefit of microdermabrasion is that it works on the majority of clients looking to improve their appearance. It is effective on all skin colors and types and it is appropriate for anyone of any age, male or female. Patients with mild acne can benefit from the manual exfoliation, which helps unclog pores and gets rid of the dirt and debris that can cause breakouts. Microdermabrasion s are perfect for anyone with a busy life style as it is a quick In-and-Out procedure with virtually no side effects and no downtime. Its an ideal ‘lunch hour’ treatment for those patients on the go.
However, there are a few clients for whom this service is not recommended, such as those who have a severe immune deficiency, diabetes, poor healing, active rosacea, or open acne lesions. Not just for the face, microdermabrasion can also be used on other parts of the body. Once a month for face or body microdermabrasion. It is a great complement to peels and great when used before ultrasound so that the skin is exfoliated, ensuring the dead skin cells are not a barrier, monthly treatments along with monthly hydrating facials.
Microdermabrasion or permanent makeup in New York can maximize the benefits of other treatments. Although microdermabrasion has been around for decades, it continues to evolve.
Manhattan Skin and Laser Center is pleased to offer the clearfx microdermabrasion technique (click here to learn more about the clearfx microdermabrasion system). The clearfx microdermabrasion system is a safe, non-surgical treatment with no down time that gently exfoliates dead surface layers of the skin to help improve the appearance of:
- Acne Pigmentation
- Sun-damaged skin
- Age spots
- Fine lines
- Dull rough looking skin
- Clogged pores and blackheads
Aftercare Tips for Microdermabrasion
In order to get the best results for Microdermabrasion or permanent makeup treatment in New York, one needs to follow certain tips. They are
- Don’t get direct exposure to the UV rays of the sun at least for the next 7 days
- Don’t put on makeup right after the treatment.
- Prefer using a mild cleaner.
- It is advised to avoid using benzyl peroxide, beta hydroxy, retinol, glycolic and other similar medications for minimum one or two days after the treatment.
- Do not scrub or rub the skin during the first five days of the treatment.
- The skin should always be clean, moisturized and well protected with sunscreen.
- Do not pick or scratch the skin, even if you feel like doing so.
Following all these tips will help permanent makeup settle down and quick healing also.
Benefits of Permanent Makeup
- Permanent makeup or Microdermabrasion helps get rid of uneven texture of the skin, dark spots, fine lines, uneven skin tones, and many other skin conditions.
- It reduces oil production on the face.
- The process is very quick, painless, hassle-free and doesn’t involve the use of any injectables.
- The treatment is safe for all types of skin tones.
- It also reinstates the youthful texture of the skin by compressing the pores.
So, get in touch with Manhattan Skin and Laser Center to get permanent makeup in NYC from the experts and redefine your look like never before.
A FEW OF THE SPA SERVICES OFFERED AT THE MANHATTAN SKIN AND LASER MED SPA IN NEW YORK INCLUDE:
635 Madison Avenue, Ste. 1302 New York, NY 10022
Sunday & Monday: Closed
Tuesday - Friday: 10am – 8pm
Saturday: 10am – 6pm