PRP Hair Restoration
PRP HAIR RESTORATION
However, the most common cause of Hair Loss is hereditary hair loss, affecting over 80 million men and women in the US alone,
- Male Pattern Baldness
- Female Pattern Baldness
- Androgenetic alopecia
- THINNING OF HAIR AND BALD PATCHES – often beginning in the center of the head, especially in round circle patterns.
- COMPLETE BALDNESS
- Hair Disorders – Hereditary baldness, etc.
- Diseases, illness, or side effects from certain treatments such as radiation or chemotherapy
- Hormones and Stress
- Diet and Poor Nutrition
- Overuse of harmful hair products
PRP FOR HAIR LOSS TREATMENT
Hair Loss affects countless people around the world, both male and female. Whether it be a product of aging, a side effect of disease/disease treatment, or even the unwanted result of some surgical procedures (ie. cranial surgeries, etc.) Luckily Platelet Rich Plasma, PRP, can also be used in the treatment of hair loss!
WHAT IS PRP?
PRP Therapy, or Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy, is a therapeutic procedure in which doctor’s will use the body’s own naturally restorative processes to improve health, encourage healing, reduce inflammation, and proliferate tissue regeneration. A small blood sample is taken from the patient, then specially treated, and made to spin around in a high-powered centrifuge, at an extremely high speed. This process separates platelets from other parts of the blood, the separated platelets are then injected into the patient’s treatment area in order to boost cellular division.
The same Platelet Rich Plasma, used in wrinkle reduction, is separated from the blood, and injected into the surgical site or the area of hair loss. The PRP works by stimulating the growth of new hair cells.
PRP HAIR RESTORATION FOLLOWS 2 DISTINCT STEPS:
- First the PRP can be directly injected into the balding scalp. Considering PRP’s natural restorative nature and its ability to stimulate cellular repair/growth, PRP will begin to restore hair cells, and slow down the hair loss process.
- The second method is for PRP to be injected at the site of a newly transplanted hair follicle. Again, considering PRP’s regenerative nature, it will stimulate the stem cells (dermal papilla) of the newly transplanted hair follicles and allow hair to grow thicker, stronger, and at a faster rate.
If you are experiencing hair loss, and would like to give PRP hair restoration a try, contact us today.
A FEW OF THE SPA SERVICES OFFERED AT THE Manhattan Skin and Laser Med Spa INCLUDE:
Get A Free
635 Madison Avenue, Ste. 1302 New York, NY 10022
Sunday & Monday: Closed
Tuesday - Friday: 10am – 8pm
Saturday: 10am – 6pm