The Mesoesthetic Jessner Peel is ideal for patients with dull, slightly wrinkled, sensitive skin with a series of dark discolorations. The Jessner peel specializes in the treatment of:
- Aging skin, or prematurely aging skin.
- Actinic acne or cystic acne.
- Superficial (surface scars, not below the surface) scarring and acne scars.
- Slight discolorations & hyperpigmentation.
3 Exfoliants of the Jessner Peel
The Jessner Peel is an extremely beneficial exfoliant, we use it to smooth away facial blemishes and moderate to severe surface abrasions. The three main ingredients are exfoliants;
- Lactic acid an alphahydroxy acid (AHA acid) used as an exfoliating agent as well as encourages the thickening of the epidermis and dermis. Lactic acid activates collagen and elastin formation and increases hyaluronic acid concentration in the dermis. This produces, new, soft, and supple skin, to take the place of the dead skin cells peeled.
Salicylic acid a betahydroxy acid with a high affinity for fats. Besides being a great exfoliant, salicylic acid has antiseptic, antibacterial and antifungal properties. It is one of the more popular acne treatments as well.
Citric acid also an alphahydroxy acid (AHA acid) with exfoliant, antioxidant and anti-aging properties. Having a higher molecular weight than lactic acid its keratolytic action is less.
The combination of these acids has an amazing effect on the skin, it revitalizes your skin’s lost tone, texture and contours, giving you the smooth, supple, youthful complexion you’ve always wanted!